Sunday, January 17, 2010

Morningstar Christian Fellowship's continued support...

Wow, today was great...let me explain.

So I'm buying groceries after church today at No Frills and buying a whole bunch of healthy stuff because I finally got back into working out. I haven't done anything physically healthy since I moved...it's been 5 months! I bought a pull up bar, resistance bands, physio/stability ball and still had my past stuff from Ultimate Martial Arts. So with this new workout comes a new diet right? I bought everything from chicken to turkey slices and cutlets, oatmeal, wild salmon, whole wheat bread and bagels, eggs, skim milk, President's Choice Chicken and Turkey Bacon, etc. I say the brand for the last one because...check this out...Morningstar had an adopt-a-missionary thing for Christmas and I got a great email with encouraging words, a love basket and other things. In the love basket though was a $25 President's Choice gift card and I had tons of groceries to stock up on. I don't like going back and forth but yeah, this really helped me out. I was somewhere in $100+ and with this card I got everything for $80+! Amazing eh?



Theeeeeeen...I went to GNC to get protein whey powder and I found out it was buy anything and get the other for half the price. I also became a gold member and got everything for cheaper and will continue to get things cheaper because of that card.



Theeeeeeen...I was also looking to buy this Black & Decker 12-speed Cyclone blender at Wal-Mart for $34+ because it was $70-$80 at Canadian Tire. I went to Scarborough Town Centre but it was all sold out!!! I was ready to give up and maybe go to Canadian Tire but instead...I went to the Wal-Mart on Morningside/401. Yooooooo, there was ONE LEFT! You think that was great?



Check this out...I saw one of the ladies from Morningstar there and she was telling me her problems about her depression and failed sponsoring of one of her relatives. She was very sad but was looking to God in everything regardless of what happened. She was encouraged that she could share this with me and was glad about what I was doing in UrbanPromise Toronto. Plus, she told me she bought the exact same blender not too long ago and that it was working great. We shared a few things then split off. I went the wrong way and turned around to the cashier but she was actually looking for me and guess what?...she paid for my blender!!! Crazy eh? I gave her a ride afterwards and it was all good. I shared with my family's connections group about the blessings and then they started sharing some other ones too.

It all worked out. Gotta give shoutouts to my home church...Morningstar Christian Fellowship! Thank God for you guys, no joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment