Sunday, January 24, 2010

Capernwray Quebec & Tyndale Leading Edge help...

Let me tell you...these guys were amazing!

Last week, eight female and two male students from Capernwray Quebec helped us out with everything at Camp Freedom: prep, gym, attendance, WordUP, snacks, homework, dishes, games, etc. They looked prepared and were intentional with the kids. The kids loved them, some didn't want to admit it sometimes, they had their ups and downs...but when they were leaving to go back to school...c'mon, you can tell.



They learned a lot from this experience and I did too. It was great teamwork and love for each other...for serving God and His children. I wish these guys were here to help ALL THE TIME!!! If there's anybody out there that wants to help, come talk to me please LOL! Oh, and I got a nice e-mail back from one of the students and it was very encouraging, I was encouraged that they were encouraged y'kno? No language barrier, cultural difference, or age difference was really an obstacle for this team.

I remembered the time when a Leading Edge class from Tyndale University College was here to help us for one night only and that was great. Even better was that one of my kids I used to coach back when I was a Sports Camp Director for my home church was part of that school. Crazy eh? Just seeing the body of Christ come together from different places helping each other out, even for just a little bit, means a lot. Not just to me, mind you, but the ministry and the kids and even the leaders. God is great and I thank God for the help He's given us. He gave the help and I hope the help that came that might be reading this can take that in.



See...what I'm re-learning too (went to another Unashamed Generation youth event with one of my leaders this past Friday and took this in)...no program or leader is perfect. And we are not to use God as an excuse for that but we still push forward and encourage each other to just be willing and obedient to God's will which is perfect and who is perfect...and still putting in some work, God is most definitely not a vending machine. Ask me about that last part if you don't understand, at least I'm trying to make this blog/vlog thing interactive somehow LOL. Also, I know I'm making a lot of unnecessary long sentences with several of "..." in there but ah well, enjoy anyway.

Hey, if you want to help out as an intern, a street leader, a missions team or a volunteer..."lemme know wassup" and/or visit the link below:

http://urbanpromise.com/apply.html

No comments:

Post a Comment