Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gigs...

So I had a gig before New Years at James Evangelista's New Years Bash 2009 and it was the first time I had a booth at the same time as Wear Da Word. (BTW, just wanted to jot this down so I remembered this event while I still do LOL.) It was interesting but it was fun working together. I was able to share a few things with people who randomly came up to the booth but not as much as last time. I didn't get to speak in front of everybody like the last gig but it was fun and I still enjoyed it.



My next gig was actually this past Sunday at Morningstar. Pastor Bob MacGregor was on facebook chat with me asking a few things about his sermon and somehow illustrating it. Sermon points went along the lines of Christian servants and so it made sense. He asked me if I would be around for Sunday morning services and I agreed I would come. Mind you, I was house-sitting at the time and had a weekend sleepover with CJ, Kadeem and Curtis. I brought the last two to both services and it was surprisingly fun. When Pastor Bob interviewed me near the end of his sermons, it didn't feel scripted, timed, fake, pressured with expectations...but instead free, raw and real. Totally different from my past experiences with others on the stage...only at Morningstar.



In the first service, I shared more about the problems and what needed to be done...very short but in the second service it was more what I did and what's been happening. It was funnier the second time because I replied "Warzone?" to his first comment and then while he was finishing up I disturbed him to invite everybody to visit Camp Freedom at Jane and Finch then he jokingly goes, "Visit you?...We'll just pray for you!" and the whole congregation burst out in laughter. As I left the stage I mentioned to everyone to look for one of my boys whose afro is bigger than him and wish him a happy birthday...Kadeem got $50 from three random people and Curtis got $5 'cause someone felt bad for him. I got something too but not as much as Kadeem LOL.

I had encouraging conversations afterwards with a few people, some I knew and some I didn't. Some wanted to partner up, some wanted to visit. I got a nice Facebook message afterwards too. It was encouraging and Pastor Bob wanted to just put my face out there. I'm very thankful, it's probably one of the very few times I actually felt raw support from my home church. It was great!

God does things at the right time...His perfect way and His perfect timing. I'm encouraged others are encouraged. God is at work for sure! So many things I can say but I'll leave it for now and say,

"TO BE CONTINUED..."

No comments:

Post a Comment