Monday, December 22, 2014

The Meeting House: Uptown - Local Compassion Christmas 'UPT StreetLeader' Campaign (2)


Two of our StreetLeaders shared something on that second Sunday morning:

-------------------------------------------------


Kuya: "What is a StreetLeader & what does a StreetLeader do?"

StreetLeader #1:
"A StreetLeader is a mentor from the community who used to be a kid at camp. Everyday after school...we tutor children with their homework, feed them healthy snacks, study the Bible and on Fun Fridays we have dinner together and play lots of creative games. We also do the same things in March Break Camp and Summer Camp except we take them on trips where they have many fun learning experiences."


Kuya: "What impact does a StreetLeader have on the kids and what impact do kids have on a StreetLeader?"

StreetLeader #2:
"StreetLeaders are some of the few positive role models to kids where we all talk about Jesus and we all live in the same community. We grow up with them like my leaders before me. God uses someone like me to impact their lives but they also impact me. I learn patience, unconditional love and following through with discipline. They are as much a gift to us as we (mentors) are to the kids." 

-------------------------------------------------


Thank you for all of your continued prayers and support!

If the Lord leads you to not just support me in prayer but investing financially as well, I would love and appreciate that very much as I am in huge need of ***MONTHLY SUPPORTERS***. Please view the "PRAYER & SUPPORT" section on the right side of this blog.

By supporting and partnering with me, you will have a direct impact on the ministry God has called me to.

Thank you for sharing in this opportunity with me to influence the lives of many of God’s people.


No comments:

Post a Comment